Creamy Garlic-Lemon Chicken
I needed an easy way to prepare my family's favorite meal, lemon chicken, and this recipe is it! My entire family loves this rich slow-cooker dish, and everyone who eats it asks for the recipe—it's a keeper. I serve the chicken over a bed of rice or couscous and spoon some of the creamy sauce over the top.—Nan Slaughter, Sammamish, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker; pour broth mixture over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; keep warm. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in cooking juices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cream. Serve chicken and rice with sauce.