Creamy Garlic-Lemon Chicken
I needed an easy way to prepare my family's favorite meal, lemon chicken, and this recipe is it! My entire family loves this rich slow-cooker dish, and everyone who eats it asks for the recipe—it's a keeper. I serve the chicken over a bed of rice or couscous and spoon some of the creamy sauce over the top.—Nan Slaughter, Sammamish, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker; pour broth mixture over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; keep warm. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in cooking juices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cream. Serve chicken and rice with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without rice): 301 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Crock Pot Lemon Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.