Chunky Creamy Chicken Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
Makes7 servings (1-3/4 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the onion, carrots, celery and corn.
- In a large bowl, whisk the soup, broth and dill until blended; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until chicken and vegetables are tender, about 4 hours .
- Stir in peas and cream. Cover and cook until heated through, about 30 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 229 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 4, 2020
I made this soup for the first time. I know I made a few mistakes, but I really did like what I got. Next time I will try to fix mistakes and try some Pensky spices. Mine still needed something, but while cooking the smell said I cannot wait. I will keep this recipe and thank you for it and thanks for all the people who wrote in and review. That help me alot.
Jan 17, 2020
Pensky spices are the best!!!!
Nov 20, 2019
I made this soup and it was pretty good. However, I added some Penzey's Justice and Penzey's Seasoned Salt and that really gave it zip! I would probably only give it three and a half, but with these two additions it jumped to a five with exclamation points!
Oct 5, 2019
Very good 'n tasty. Yum
Sep 13, 2019
The soup was easy to prepare. The texture was good, but I thought it was bland. I added extra carrots and celery, garlic salt, pepper and extra chicken broth. The kids really liked it.
Sep 7, 2019
I tweaked this quite a lot, but was very happy with the result. I added an extra carrot, an extra celery stalk and more dill and fresh parsley. I a;so used all of the chicken broth and three quarters of a cup of half and half. Plus, I put a whole can of cream of mushroom soup in and added some more water. Used two pounds of chicken breast too. But it was easy to make and delicious and took little time. I'd definitely make this again.
Sep 4, 2019
Made this soup. WONDERFUL. This will be my go to soup when it get cold outside. YUMMY!
Jun 22, 2019
Made recipe exact. Its a nice base for a soup but definitely needs tweaking with additional herbs/spices.
Nov 11, 2018
Great soup, easy to make and very tasty. We like spicy and flavorful so added red pepper and chicken flavoring. Will be a regular at our house.
Mar 9, 2018
Love, love, love this soup! I have eight children and they all love it (even the picky eaters). This is in my recipe box. Definitely recommend trying this soup.