Homemade Chicken Potpie
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and poultry seasoning until blended; gradually whisk in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and vegetables.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; place crust over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in crust. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 439 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Aug 1, 2019
This is Awesome...We enjoyed it so much... a must make and not hard to make.
Feb 27, 2019
Enjoyed but added salt and pepper and garlic powder. Added bottom crust also and a pat of butter before I sealed the top crust
Oct 11, 2018
Could not be any easier or tasty ..love this recipe
Jun 22, 2018
It might be inspired by Golden corral but this is not their recipe. Their recipe it ready made pie crust, left over chicken, cream of chicken soup and veg all. I know this because I worked their and made this for years. In my opinion, this was the worst Chicken PotPie that I have ever tasted.
Feb 19, 2018
I've made a similar and yet more simple and tasty chicken pot pie for years now. I add some Cajun seasoning to the mixed vegetables, the meat is smoked chicken or turkey left over and diced. I add the diced meat to the bottom pie crust them mix the mixed vegetables in with the meat and a dusting of Cajun seasoning. I add Cream of Chicken, cream of celery, or cream of mushroom soup and mix that in to fill the bottom crust. I then add a top crust and baste it with egg whites to brown well and for the two crusts to stick together. I add 5 little cuts in the top crust for steam to escape. Bake
Jan 22, 2018
Easy to put together and good tasting. I did not have poultry seasoning, so used 1/2 t. Sage, 1/4 t. Rosemary and 1/4 t. Thyme.
Dec 23, 2017
Very tasty. Was a hit
Jan 10, 2017
I was surprised how good this was for a "quick" potpie. I seasoned the chicken with poultry seasoning before cooking it, then just used 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon for the pie itself. I used 1% milk, Normandy blend frozen veggies, and half a can of green beans. So good.
Jan 3, 2017
The poultry seasoning definitely over powered it. I would go with 1/2 a tsp. I lowered the temp to 425 for 30min and it was cooked just right. I also used a bottom crust.
Jul 18, 2016
My family enjoyed this, but I think it was missing something....some extra seasoning maybe. I didn't do quite a full teaspoon of poultry seasoning, but I think it needed something different as well. But it is a great easy, quick chicken pot pie. I covered the crust after the first 10 minutes so it wouldn't burn.