Lemony Chicken Salad
Every busy cook will appreciate the convenience of being able to prepare this refreshing salad ahead of time. And your family will enjoy a marvelous meal.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 large red apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in the chicken, celery, green pepper, apple, onion and parsley. Cover and chill for several hours. Stir in walnuts just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 445 calories, 32g fat (6g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Lemony Chicken Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.