Tomato N Cheese Pasta
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, oregano, sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Drain pasta; stir into saucepan.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 373 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 1048mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 7, 2015
Really tasty, made as stated, would make again
Jul 3, 2010
This is a favorite side dish with a grilled meat at our table. Do not overcook the pasta!
Dec 20, 2008
This makes a great meatless main dish, too, and is easily doubled. I bake it in individual gratin dishes and serve it with garlic bread and a green salad.