Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1 loaf, 16 slices(1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup warm water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, savory and thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions. (Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; this dough should appear dry. If it looks wet, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour.)
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 122 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 3, 2017
This bread goes great with spaghetti!! We love it!!
Oct 22, 2016
This bread taste very good. I always make it when we have spaghetti. Today I am going to try the bread with soup. Thanks again for the recipe.
Jan 31, 2015
Chose medium crust color, came out crispy on the edges with cheesy crunchiness. Would choose light next time. Inside was nice & soft, lots of herby flavor, would use the full 2 tsp of garlic powder next time. Buttered hot or toasted, yum. Just smelling it bake in the bread machine was heaven. The order of the ingredients is perfect, will make this again.
Jan 14, 2011
I have made this numerous times now and it's now a favorite. So good and flavorful!