Spaghetti Ham Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 casseroles (6 servings each)
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) thin spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Stir in the ham, soup, sour cream, mushrooms, onion, olives if desired, mustard, seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs and butter; add cheese. Sprinkle over casseroles.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 2 months. Bake the remaining casserole, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until heated through.
Feb 21, 2017
By far one of the absolute best recipes I have ever made in my life. My husband ate it COLD; he never does that with anything. I used Cream of Celery soup and a lot less ham and other items than called for in the recipe just because that's what I do. I will make this recipe for the rest of my life. Awesome, awesome, awesome.
Apr 1, 2013
We really enjoyed this recipe although I did make a few changes. I halved the recipe and used 7 oz penne instead of spaghetti. Also added a bunch of broccoli florettes the last few minutes of cooking the pasta. I used Panko crumbs in place of bread crumbs for the topping. The onions were still very crunchy so in the future I will sauté them before adding. In order to bake evenly I did use a larger baking dish. The added vegetables increased the volume. This is a keeper. Thanks Mary for the recipe.
Dec 28, 2011
It's hard to find good recipes to use left over ham in other than potato dishes. This one is a keeper, all 3 of my kids and my "pickest eater ever" husband loved this! Thank you for sharing, it was surprisingly very good!
Apr 1, 2011
Editing my review. It should say I cook once a week.!!!!!! recipe is still great
Apr 1, 2011
I once cook for a week for a needy family of 7. It's hard to find recipes that are easy to double. They stated this was one of the best meals I've made in the year of cooking for them. My hubby wants it made again and again. The only change I did was for the bread crumbs I used croutons that I crumbled. Thanks again!
Apr 16, 2010
This recipe is so good! My family loved it - and they are very picky! I also placed in water chestnuts to give it some more crunch! This is a perfect dish for those picky kid eaters. MMMMMmmmmmmmm.......
Oct 13, 2009
Easy, tasty and comforting!! I left out the mushrooms because we don't like them - other than that, two of my daughters and I put it together quickly and easily. Very yummy!! And I have another in the freezer that I will just pop in the oven in a few weeks. Doesn't get any better than that!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.