Sausage Pasta Bake
This hearty dish is a favorite for weekday dinners. The combination of flavors makes it special.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 5 slices pepperoni, cut into quarters, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain.
- In a bowl, combine the pasta, sausage mixture, tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-8 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 465 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1146mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Pasta Bake in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.