Sausage Spinach Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) savory herb-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet. Add onions; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, sausage mixture and spinach. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. In a small bowl, combine cream and eggs; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 258 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Jul 28, 2018
Found this recipe to be OK, nothing special. Will not make again. Rather boring. Been cooking for over 50 years and this might be good for a first year cook.
Nov 23, 2017
I wouldn't change a thing. I have made exactly as written and even those who wouldn't touch spinach, love this dish! This is a wonderful recipe that I have used many times. I will be making it again tomorrow for a Thanksgiving side dish and there are never any leftovers! Thanks Kathleen for sharing this wonderful recipe!
Apr 18, 2017
Tasted good, but could have used a little more flavor. The only change I made was, I used a pound of sausage & made it in a 9x13. So it was on the thin side, next time I'll use the 7x11.
Apr 18, 2017
As I prepared this I felt it needed more ZAP!! Sooo I used hot sausage ( with peppers) , added packaged onion soup to the chicken stock , added LOTS of FRESH ROSEMARY... I will substitute the spinach for fresh chopped kale next time .. I DOUBLED the recipe for a brunch BUT DID NOT DOUBLE the stuffing . I increased it slightly as I wanted the sausage and spinach to be the prominent ingredients.. I doubled the sausage .....however .... DO NOT OVERCOOK THE SAUSAGE !!!! Simply lightly brown it .. I USED SOME CELERY SALT INSTEAD OF ALL THAT CELERY ...... NOT A MORSEL WAS LEFT AT THE BRUNCH ... everyone wanted the recipe .. also I made it the day before so the spices could marinate .... enjoy
Jun 16, 2016
Love this! I did use the whole pound of sausage though.
Jan 25, 2016
This was quite delicious! To make the stuffing I needed to use chicken broth but only had vegetable on hand. Worked out fine! As always, thawing and squeezing the spinach dry was pretty annoying and tedious. I also did find the recipe to be too salty for my taste. My husband loved it of course. Not sure how I can cut out some of the salt, but maybe I'll try turkey sausage next time. Overall a great meal, one I will make again, with an alteration or two.
Dec 21, 2015
Delicious and good for any meal. I alter mine a bit by adding a full pound of sausage and extra spinach, half and half and eggs. Always turns out well and never any leftovers. Perfect dish for any potluck.
Apr 24, 2015
Used kale from the garden (blanched and chopped) and cut the 1/2 and 1/2 with 1% milk (50/50), used turkey sausage, and it was still wonderful! Taking it to a ladies church potluck this morning.
Oct 28, 2014
Absolutely love this recipe, and I'm not even a fan of cooked spinach.
Feb 4, 2014
Fabulous! I've had this in my "to try" file for YEARS and I wish I had made it sooner!! We had it for dinner with some cut up fruit on the side. Perfect and comforting on a snowy night! This would be wonderful for a brunch item.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.