Italian Sausage Biscuit Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, divided
- 1-1/3 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Arrange 10 biscuits in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle sausage and red peppers over the biscuits. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and parsley. Pour over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Top with remaining biscuits. Brush biscuits with butter and sprinkle with oregano. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown and a knife inserted in the egg mixture comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 351 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 776mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Apr 30, 2019
As a breakfast for four, I made this with just 1 can of eight large buttermilk biscuits and basically half of the other ingredients listed; baked in an 8 X 8 X 2-in. Pyrex™ glass dish. I rolled out the 1st four biscuits into disks to cover the bottom of the greased dish, then added the recipé toppings (4 eggs) and baked for 20 minutes; then rolled out the remaining four for the top, and finished per instructions. The biscuits on top puffed up perfectly and the bottom was nice and crusty...wonderful recipé...I give it 5 stars either way it's made.
Oct 27, 2014
have made this twice, and the ingredients are correct, 8 eggs! it fluffs up like a souffle.You are not going to get 10 servings if you only use "1" egg
Jan 17, 2013
As with all saved TOH recipes, which by fardeserve greater than 5 stars, I'm puzzled by recipe ingredients. Would like to try this dish, but would use only **1 egg**. There very well may be a mistake in recipe. Perhaps TOH would be willing to look into/correct mistake.