Hash Brown Sausage Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 slices process American cheese, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, butter and bouillon. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the sausage mixture, cottage cheese, eggs and American cheese.
- Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 338 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Apr 21, 2015
VERY VERY VERY good!! Easy to make and yummy!! Leftovers for a dinner during the week!
Mar 23, 2013
This is the best breakfast casserole! And the previous review is so right, that it's good cold too! My husband loves it in his lunch the next day. Have made this several times throughout the years and my family loves it!!!
Dec 18, 2012
I have made this recipe so many times I almost have it memorized. Going to make it for Christmas Day to share with my husband's family for breakfast. YUM!!
May 7, 2011
I made this for Christmas and it has become our favorite casserole! This is great anytime of day, not just breakfast. The only change I made is I swapped out the American cheese for mild cheddar.
Apr 29, 2011
This takes a little time to make, but it is so worth it. It's easy and delicious. Great to bring to a brunch.
Feb 13, 2011
Loved this ...but I think I will ad additional items like peppers and tomatoes next time I make it
Jun 20, 2010
This recipe is awesome, one of my familys favorites. We like it with zesty sausage
May 24, 2010
This was great hot, at room temperature, and reheated the next day. Super recipe. I will be making this again!
May 2, 2010
Mar 30, 2010
I kicked up the spice a bit was some spicy sausage...was good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.