Smoked Sausage Potato Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound smoked sausage links, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk, 4 tablespoons butter and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 30 seconds or until liquid is absorbed. Whip with a fork until fluffy. Stir in sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with sausage and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and edges are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 662 calories, 49g fat (26g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 1382mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Jan 25, 2016
This was really good. I did make a few changes. Don't have potato flakes in the house, so just made up some potatoes and made them, mashed them with the ingredients and included Italian seasoning and garlic powder because we really like those seasonings. Also, instead of bread crumbs, I used French fried onions on top. Definitely will make this again!
Sep 5, 2013
It was very good and really easy to make .
Jan 18, 2012
husband ate it but no one else would. just an odd flavor for us, maybe mind over matter for me.
Sep 10, 2011
Not sure what i did wrong but it is very mushy I am thinking it was the instant potatoes i used will try it again with different potatoes or homemade mashed potatoes. I added some onion and garlic powder to it so taste is awesome but to mushy will try again
May 10, 2011
Oh my word! So good! Needed a quick dinner and decided to try this out since I had most of the ingredients, and let me tell you, I will be making this again! I just put some cracker crumbs on top instead of bread crumbs, but still delish. I actually gave my mother this recipe today and she's trying it out on my dad tonight! Great comfort food!
Oct 20, 2009
Vaery boring. Not much taste to this recipe, only real flavor comes from the cheese. Extremely heavy meal.
Feb 8, 2009
My kids love this dish and so did I! My poor husband did not have any we ate it all. Thanks for sharing!