Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3-1/2 cups (10 ounces) egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in corn. Add noodles and corn mixture to the sausage mixture. Fold in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 412 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Mar 8, 2011
With today's economy you can't beat this casserole. My hubby is a very picky eater andhe couldn't stop saying how delicious it was.There are a few steps involved but worth every minute of it.
Aug 27, 2010
i really enjoyed this dish but my husband did not he is super picky so i tried it again but with beef instead of the pork and he loved it
Sep 14, 2009
This is a great dish for a potluck especially to feed hungary athletes. It's especially good reheated if your lucky enough to have any leftovers