Sausage Macaroni Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the green pepper, onion, oregano and pepper. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni and 2 tablespoons cheese. Transfer to an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 379 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1174mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Aug 27, 2017
Nice recipe for kids! For my husband and I, I layered with mozzarella and spinach.
Nov 12, 2014
Very tasty economical easy main dish. I added a little more oregano to give it a little more spice.As there are just 2 of us I like that it makes a small dish.
Aug 21, 2013
Nov 28, 2012
I really liked this dish. Simply and tasty. I added red pepper flakes for some heat. I will definitely be making this again.
Aug 25, 2011
I didn't care for this, but my husband did. Since the recipe makes just a small dish and is pretty easy, I'm happy to make it for him again. I used hot Italian sausage and grated fresh Parmesan cheese, both of which added good flavor to the casserole.
Jul 9, 2011
I've made this one twice now. I have to say i was pleasantly surprised the first time I tried it. I had figured it would have no flavor, but it's very flavorful. Nice, easy, quick recipe!
Sep 2, 2010
I also 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/2 basil and a can of diced tomatoes (omitting the 1/2 cup water). (Measurements in this comment are for the recipe above and not the double recipe I cooked.)
Sep 2, 2010
Good, easy recipe. I doubled it and used a loaf pan. Put a layer of the macaroni mixture in the bottom of the pan. Added a layer of mozzarella cheese. Added a layer of Parmesan cheese. Another layer of the macaroni mixture, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Backed ... and yummy!!!
Jan 21, 2010
It is a keeper!
Sep 15, 2008
Sounds yummy!! Wish my husband liked sausage better.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.