Pizza Macaroni Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Set the cheese packet from dinner mix aside. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni; stir in the contents of cheese packet.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Top with the beef mixture, pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 376 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 827mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Apr 12, 2017
So simple my 7yo made it (with just a little help!) and the whole family loved it! I added just a splash of milk when mixing up the macaroni.
Jan 25, 2017
Very good. I used two boxes of macaroni (Annie's organic) and ground turkey in place of hamburger. My boys loved it.
May 30, 2015
I ran across this recipe while looking for something different to cook and use some of the pepperoni I had sitting in the fridge before it went bad. I was skeptical with how the pasta and pizza combination would be but also intrigued so I thought what the heck I'll try it. I followed the recipe to a T except for adding a half a box more of the Mac n cheese dinner. I've got to say that both I and my husband were amazed at how good this dish really was. The flavors melded perfectly. My only complaint was that I felt the mac n cheese was just a tad bit on the dry side but not a lot. I think next time I'll just go ahead and use both boxes of mac n cheese and add just a little bit of milk to make it easier to mix the dry powder in the noodles. I will be making this recipe again. Thanks for a great recipe!
Jul 30, 2014
I made this as is the first time and it was good. After that I did what tonyarn did as well as added 2 c. shredded Jack cheese and it kicked it up a notch. EXCELLENT!!! I lost track of how many times I made this.
Jan 19, 2013
I have made this recipe several times and my family loves it. The only changes I make is that I use 2 boxes of macaroni and cheese and I prepare the macaroni and cheese as it directs on the package.
Aug 14, 2011
I made this recipe and it was deliciousWould make again also-made to take to a sick friend and her son smelled when I bought it in it a said he couldn't wait to eat it.
Apr 27, 2010
I have made this recipe several times now for my family and they always want to know when I will be making it again. It is very simple to make and is very delicious. Good for potlucks with lots of kids.
Jan 23, 2010
When I first came across this recipe I was thinking pizza sauce and pepperoni on macaroni and cheese? Figuring I'd give it a shot anyway I was NOT disappointed. My son didn't think he would like it either but he smiled wide and said this is "my third favorite now." Will definitely make this again!