Sausage Spaghetti Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, diced
- 1 cup garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, saute sausage for 3-4 minutes or until browned; stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and 1 egg white; set aside. Drain spaghetti; add Parmesan cheese and remaining egg whites. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Spoon ricotta mixture into crust. Top with sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 341 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Sep 23, 2011
This has become a favorite at our house! I add onion, green peppers, and mushrooms to the sauce to get more veggies in.
Jun 25, 2011
I have made this many times for friends and family and am always asked for the reicpe. It is also very easy to make. I usually add fresh basil to the ricotta and mini meatballs instead of kielbasa. I have also made it in a 13x9 pan and taken it to potluck dinners.
Sep 11, 2010
This was very good and filling for the calories. I will make sure I add a little salt next time. It was just a little bland.
Mar 16, 2009
Just copied this one. Sounds like something we will really like. THANKS !
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.