Broccoli Sausage Breakfast Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Add 1 in. of water and broccoli to a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a greased 9-in. pie plate, layer with sausage, cheese and broccoli. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix. Pour over broccoli.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 242 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Mar 18, 2014
This is excellent! I made it just as the recipe calls. I would not change a thing as it is easy to make and tastes so good. It's filling enough if you want breakfast for dinner.
Oct 7, 2013
This recipe is very similar to the recipe in the Taste of Home cooking show magazine and it was called : Impossibly easy breakfast bake. I couldn't find it listed to rate. But this looks very similar, except I made the recipe with hash brown potatoes instead of broccoli . I love this easy Bisquick recipe because you do not have to refrigerate it overnight like some casserole recipes I've used. This was very delicious and I may try it with the broccoli next time. It was moist and my family really enjoyed it.
Aug 22, 2013
this is fast and easy and tastes great. I don't fix it for breakfst though I usually make it for lunch or dinner
Jun 2, 2012
Super easy to make and tastes great!
Apr 14, 2008
looks better inpicture in my documents
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.