Broccoli Ham Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes, divided
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain the broccoli. Add broccoli, ham and 1 cup stuffing mix to cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with remaining stuffing mix. Sprinkle around edge of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 454 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1445mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 29, 2016
Loved this dish! It was easy to make, I had all the ingredients on hand, very tasty and ever better as leftovers. I didn't change a thing!
Mar 12, 2015
This meal was delicious, and even better the next day. When it first came out of the oven, it was a little loose. However, as it sat a little bit it was fine. My only modification to the recipe was adding some chopped green pepper to the onion.
May 15, 2013
Will plan on making again, although with personal changea and/or additions: 3 cups fresh broccoli crowns, 2 cups milk, swiss cheese, 1/2 cup or so black olives, and 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms. We prefer swiss cheese to cheddar in this dish. Thank you again for sharing! K.
Jan 23, 2012
Very tasty combination... I added fresh garlic when sauteing the onions and also added some salt to the cheese sauce... Glad I chose this recipe to use up my leftover ham from Christmas!