Sausage Hash Brown Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain on paper towels. In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups cheese and the next 7 ingredients; fold in potatoes.
- Spread half into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with sausage and remaining potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 382 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 776mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Oct 19, 2019
Commercial cream soups are not necessarily gluten free! You can make your own gf soups. Please educate yourselves before listing as GF.
Sep 8, 2019
Our family has enjoyed this recipe ever since it was in TOH years ago! It’s just delicious! I like to make a big batch of scrambled eggs to serve with it, for breakfast or for dinner!
Jul 20, 2019
Super delicious! Took it for a gathering and it was a huge success.
Apr 27, 2017
How many eggs and when do you add them? This is not in this recipe.
Dec 29, 2015
This is a delicious recipe. Adding the sausage really gives it flavor. It tastes great when reheated. Will keep this recipe handy.
Dec 28, 2015
Made this for Christmas breakfast....this is one that went into my personal recipe box....everyone Loved it! we had a small bit left over, it tastes great reheated on stove or in microwave...def a must keep.
Sep 15, 2015
For this recipe is it the premade french onion dip or can you make your own. It sounds like a good recipe. So i wiil give it four stars for now from the reveiws i have just read. Until i try it
Feb 20, 2014
I have been making this dish since it came out in the magazine 12 years ago for my first time hosting of a day after Christmas breakfast. I make it for pot lucks and special occasions it is my families favorite dish.
Oct 16, 2013
Love this recipe!!! It's quick and easy!! It's my family holiday breakfast and weekend!! Potluck breakfast for work!!
Apr 7, 2013
I have made this dozens of times with lots of requests for the recipe! We all love it.I use ground beef sometimes for a potluck dinner affair. Great recipe!