Sausage & Crescent Roll Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over sausage and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 283 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
May 11, 2020
I just made this and had to let everyone know that it's really good. I did add a layer of cooked diced red peppers and onions over the sausage before adding the cheese. Also I didn't have mozzarella cheese and substituted Mexican 4 cheese blend. Turned out great.
May 10, 2020
I made this the night before. It was very good. I followed the recipe other than adding onions. It did need a kick or a spice to pick up the flavor. Next ti.e I will add sharp cheddar or pepperjack cheese. .
Jan 30, 2020
My kids and their friends ate this all up! I love the crescent roll crust. I did substitute Monterrey jack cheese since that is what I had on hand.
Jan 20, 2020
This was so easy to prepare, and delicious! I used shredded cheddar instead of mozzarella, but otherwise followed recipe as written. I prepared it and baked it right away, but love that it can also be made ahead! Will definitely make again; my family loved it.
Dec 22, 2019
Easy as can be, use a different cheese if mozzarella is like candle wax to you, though, seriously! Tha pan empties fast for this one.
Dec 19, 2019
I made this for a brunch potluck and it was a big hit! I took another reviewers advice and used 1/2 mozzarella and 1/2 cheddar cheese. Very easy and tasty!
Jun 6, 2019
I love this recipe and everytime I make it, there isn't a slice left! Sometimes we add crispy bacon or veggies too. Great potluck brunch dish!
Feb 11, 2019
I love that this can be made ahead of time. I used 1 cup of sharp cheddar and 1 cup of swiss for more flavor.
Mar 17, 2018
We liked this, but I think 1 cup mozz and 1 cup cheddar would bring up the rating. I’m going to give this another try.
Jan 1, 2018
Loved this recipe, I also substituted cheddar cheese and I added a layer of shredded hash browns to the top. Reheated leftovers in the oven on my cast iron griddle and was even better the second time around!!