Sausage & Crescent Roll Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over sausage and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 283 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Jan 20, 2020
This was so easy to prepare, and delicious! I used shredded cheddar instead of mozzarella, but otherwise followed recipe as written. I prepared it and baked it right away, but love that it can also be made ahead! Will definitely make again; my family loved it.
Dec 22, 2019
Easy as can be, use a different cheese if mozzarella is like candle wax to you, though, seriously! Tha pan empties fast for this one.
Dec 19, 2019
I made this for a brunch potluck and it was a big hit! I took another reviewers advice and used 1/2 mozzarella and 1/2 cheddar cheese. Very easy and tasty!
Jun 6, 2019
I love this recipe and everytime I make it, there isn't a slice left! Sometimes we add crispy bacon or veggies too. Great potluck brunch dish!
Feb 11, 2019
I love that this can be made ahead of time. I used 1 cup of sharp cheddar and 1 cup of swiss for more flavor.
Mar 17, 2018
We liked this, but I think 1 cup mozz and 1 cup cheddar would bring up the rating. I’m going to give this another try.
Jan 1, 2018
Loved this recipe, I also substituted cheddar cheese and I added a layer of shredded hash browns to the top. Reheated leftovers in the oven on my cast iron griddle and was even better the second time around!!
Jun 27, 2017
The breakfast was very good. However next time I think I will use some cheddar cheese or something to just 'spice' it up a little.
Nov 10, 2016
I love this recipe. I was not sure about the 2 cups of milk, I thought that was too much and was afraid it would be soggy. I made it according to the recipe except I added green peppers and onions. It was perfect. The second time, I needed to take it to work so I prepared the crescents and added the meat and cheese the night before. In the morning, I poured the eggs over it and baked it. This is very easy and versatile.
Oct 6, 2016
Made this for my husbands breakfast group and they loved it - but added way too much hot sauce for me but it was a hit.