Hash Brown & Chicken Brunch Casserole
My husband and I love to have a hot breakfast, but find it difficult with two kids. This dish is excellent to prepare the night before and bake the next day for your family or to take into work to share with co-workers—there are never any leftovers.—Jennifer Berry, Lexington, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 15 large eggs, beaten
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a very large bowl, combine eggs, potatoes, chicken, milk, tomatoes, 1 cup cheese, green onions, cilantro and seasonings until blended. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.