Penne Sausage Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3 cups fat-free meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil for 6-7 minutes. Add sausage; cook and stir until sausage is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 276 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 948mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 7, 2014
Very good and easy to make.
Oct 15, 2013
This was relatively quick to make, but the result was a dish that seemed like a lot of time went into. It was delicious and my husband had seconds (and we had leftovers for lunch). I will definitely be making this again!
Nov 11, 2012
This is definitely a keeper. This made a 9x13 pan for me although I didn't measure everything exactly just threw stuff in. I'll double the green peppers next time and add some mushrooms. I added some ground pepper, just a personal preference.
Jul 5, 2012
Very satisfying and tasty. This is a great fall/winter dish.
Mar 2, 2012
Have made this recipe many times for family & company, it is delicious! The only change I made was to use my own homemade tomato sauce.*****
Aug 28, 2011
Good recipe! Our family of four liked this, and It made enough that I can freeze half the casserole for another night. I will probably try adding minced garlic clove next time.
Jul 1, 2010
I have made this recipe multiple times and it comes out great every time. However I use pork sausage. It's a pretty big recipe, if you use leftover just add a little pasta sauce and it's good to go.
Jan 31, 2008
I wasn't able to find the Italian Turkey sausages so just used sweet italian sausage. It added a bit more fat, but it was a great dish and so easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.