Potato and Pepper Sausage Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 5 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet orange pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (19 ounces) Italian sausage links
- Minced fresh thyme, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the potatoes, sweet peppers, shallot and garlic in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with seasonings; toss to coat. Spread evenly over pan, leaving room for the sausage. Add sausage to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in sausage reads 160° and vegetables are tender, 30-35 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with fresh thyme before serving.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 sausage link with 3/4 cup vegetables: 446 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Oct 23, 2019
I made this tonight and the four of us loved it. I didn't change a thing.
Jul 23, 2019
Made this using homemade venison sausage and the family loved it! I was afraid that the smaller pieces of shallot and garlic would burn, but everything turned out tender and delicious!
May 18, 2019
Love the idea of a one pan meal! Overall a good recipe but so glad I only used 1 tsp. of paprika, and that was still a little overpowering for our taste. Will definitely make again but will try with 1/4 tsp. paprika.
Mar 13, 2019
Very good and oh so easy! I didn't have shallots, so I used red onion instead and also added a little seasoning salt. Love the potential of varying this recipe, too!
Feb 28, 2019
This is the type of recipe I often make, as it is perfect for two meals for two people. I prefer to use one large red potato, as they seem to hold their shape better. I suggest 3 tablespoons olive oil, and add the seasonings to the oil, whisk ad then drizzle over the mixture in the baking pan for a more even distribution of the flavors (one tablespoon oil = the potatoes stuck to the pan). If the sausage has skins, puncture them before baking.