Potato and Pepper Sausage Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 5 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet orange pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (19 ounces) Italian sausage links
- Minced fresh thyme, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the potatoes, sweet peppers, shallot and garlic in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with seasonings; toss to coat. Spread evenly over pan, leaving room for the sausage. Add sausage to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in sausage reads 160° and vegetables are tender, 30-35 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with fresh thyme before serving.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 sausage link with 3/4 cup vegetables: 446 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 28, 2019
This is the type of recipe I often make, as it is perfect for two meals for two people. I prefer to use one large red potato, as they seem to hold their shape better. I suggest 3 tablespoons olive oil, and add the seasonings to the oil, whisk ad then drizzle over the mixture in the baking pan for a more even distribution of the flavors (one tablespoon oil = the potatoes stuck to the pan). If the sausage has skins, puncture them before baking.