Spicy Roasted Sausage, Potatoes and Peppers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked andouille chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sausage, onion, red pepper, green pepper and pepper rings. Mix oil, Creole seasoning and pepper; drizzle over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Roast until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 257 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 17, 2019
This is one of my favorite meals. Andouille sausage is kind of new in my neck of the woods so this is one of the first recipes I ever used it in and I loved it. My daughter loves potatoes so I tend to use more than the pound. I like spice so we may get more of the pickled peppers. And I mix my own spice mix because the Creole seasoning I find in the store is so salty it can't be used.
Feb 23, 2019
Being by myself I try to make things in my Toaster Oven. I made this and it turned out delicious. The only difference is I had to cook it longer because Toaster Ovens are not as hot as a regular oven. I plan on cooking an egg to go on leftovers. Had garlic bread with this and it was perfect. Will definitely cook this again.
Jan 28, 2019
This tasted like a hash reincarnated. Leftovers would be good with a fried egg on top.
Feb 9, 2018
I used smoked sausage and this will last me a couple of days. It's delicious . I'm in my 70s and learning to cook now. Wish I had watched and helped my wife more.
Feb 3, 2018
Great recipe! I used mango habanero chicken sausage and a combination of red potatoes and sweet potatoes. Delicious and will be making this again soon.
Jan 27, 2018
Very good. I used pork andouille sausage, which was spicy hot but the meat was a little bland. I used 1 potato because it weighed a pound. It wasn't enough. Next time I'll use smoked sausage and more potatoes.
Jan 21, 2018
I love sheet pan meals and this is a great one! So easy and delicious with just the right amount of spice! A keeper for sure!
Nov 17, 2017
5 stars, the men loved it. Used smoked sausage because it was what I had. Wouldn't change a thing.
May 19, 2016
So very good! I used light smoked sausage and it was perfect. Definitely a keeper.
Apr 14, 2016
Meal in a pan,love the idea, and it was delicious too. I lined the sheet with aluminum foil before spraying it with Pam, easy clean up too.