Spicy Roasted Sausage, Potatoes and Peppers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked andouille chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sausage, onion, red pepper, green pepper and pepper rings. Mix oil, Creole seasoning and pepper; drizzle over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Roast until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 257 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 17, 2019
This is one of my favorite meals. Andouille sausage is kind of new in my neck of the woods so this is one of the first recipes I ever used it in and I loved it. My daughter loves potatoes so I tend to use more than the pound. I like spice so we may get more of the pickled peppers. And I mix my own spice mix because the Creole seasoning I find in the store is so salty it can't be used.
Feb 23, 2019
Being by myself I try to make things in my Toaster Oven. I made this and it turned out delicious. The only difference is I had to cook it longer because Toaster Ovens are not as hot as a regular oven. I plan on cooking an egg to go on leftovers. Had garlic bread with this and it was perfect. Will definitely cook this again.
Jan 28, 2019
This tasted like a hash reincarnated. Leftovers would be good with a fried egg on top.
Feb 9, 2018
I used smoked sausage and this will last me a couple of days. It's delicious . I'm in my 70s and learning to cook now. Wish I had watched and helped my wife more.
Feb 3, 2018
Great recipe! I used mango habanero chicken sausage and a combination of red potatoes and sweet potatoes. Delicious and will be making this again soon.
Jan 27, 2018
Very good. I used pork andouille sausage, which was spicy hot but the meat was a little bland. I used 1 potato because it weighed a pound. It wasn't enough. Next time I'll use smoked sausage and more potatoes.
Jan 21, 2018
I love sheet pan meals and this is a great one! So easy and delicious with just the right amount of spice! A keeper for sure!
Nov 17, 2017
5 stars, the men loved it. Used smoked sausage because it was what I had. Wouldn't change a thing.
May 19, 2016
So very good! I used light smoked sausage and it was perfect. Definitely a keeper.
Apr 14, 2016
Meal in a pan,love the idea, and it was delicious too. I lined the sheet with aluminum foil before spraying it with Pam, easy clean up too.