Hearty Sausage-Chicken Chili
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes11 servings (2-3/4 quarts)
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet. Add onion; cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with green onions, if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 272 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 15, 2009
This is the first chili that my husband don't really mind eating. He's not a huge fan of too many beans, but I usually just up the amount of meat in it. I also substitue a rotissere chicken for the chicken thighs. We really like this chili!