Hearty Italian Chili
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes6-8 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can or jar (26-1/2 to 30 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup halved sliced pepperoni
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 319 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1144mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein.
Jan 3, 2010
My family really liked this chili. It was easy to make and very tasty. To suit our personal tastes, I did add a little bit of sugar and some garlic. I kept everything else the same. Thanks for sharing!
Nov 20, 2009
I made this chili for a Chili Cookoff and it won second place. Everyone loved it. Thank you for the recipe.
Oct 11, 2009
I LOVE this chili. I won 3 chili contests with this recipe. I added a can of cola.Since this review, I won another contest with the recipe. I add 2 cans of beans.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.