Hearty Sausage Chili
You'll have a stick-to-the-ribs bowl of chili in not time with this simple recipe. It's quick to prepare, but tastes like it's been simmering for hours! “This is great with corn bread,” says Jeannie Klugh of Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup hot chili beans
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute sausage and peppers in oil until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, chili sauce, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 256 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1051mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Sausage Chili in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.