Hearty Potluck Chili
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
Makes24 servings (1 cup each)
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 5 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) pork and beans
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large stockpot, cook the beef, onions and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until desired thickness is achieved.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 255 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 904mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein.
Oct 13, 2014
Doubled this recipe for our twin grandson's birthday party. Substituted ground beef for ground venison. Used seasoned chili beans instead of kidney beans and smoked mesquite salt and it was fabulous. We divided some of it without beans, but the rest went like wildfire. Served it with corn bread casserole, shredded cheeses and sour cream. A definite keeper.
Oct 31, 2011
Soooo good! This is our fave chili recipe.