Hearty Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 casseroles (8 servings each)
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms, tomato sauce, pizza sauce, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings. Drain pasta; stir into meat sauce.
- Divide half of the mixture between two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes; sprinkle each with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top each with pepperoni and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 296 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Nov 23, 2015
OH my!!!! This is so yummy!
Oct 19, 2014
Great recipe. My colleagues thought this was wonderful.
Jan 12, 2014
My sons favorite!!! Check my blog out for more recipes www.gertysgoods871.blogspot.com
Apr 10, 2013
M family loved this recipe! I added black olives and green pepper. This recipe could be made healthier by simply adjusting the ingredients (wheat pasta, ground turkey, low fat cheese etc.). The bad rating based on the saturated fat content is wrong. Plus Heidimotsch doesn't mention this is a recipe for 2 meals!
Mar 12, 2013
Jan 27, 2012
This is a good example of why so many Americans are overweight - 2 pounds of ground beef, 4 1/2 cups of cheese AND a whole package of pepperoni? I could have poured the grease of the top there was so much. It would be pretty good if lightened up, but as is, too unhealthy and full of saturated fat.
Jan 25, 2012
I love recipes that easily make 2 batches. This is delicious and easy to bake. Turkey pepperoni works great.~ Theresa
Jan 8, 2012
This was very easy and delicious. It does make a lot. I used extra hamburger...yummy!
Nov 29, 2011
Yummy!!!!! It is easy to make, and the whole family loves it :)
Sep 10, 2011
Hubby & I loved it, but it sure makes a lot! Like the idea of making up all the sauce & freezing half of it for the next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.