Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked Italian sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the water, pizza sauce, pepperoni, tomatoes, sausage and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese. Garnish with mozzarella cheese.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 18, 2014
Delicious soup. Made this a few times and I omit the pepperoni and I use 1 cup of sausage. We liked it much better that way. I also put it in the crock pot for 6-7 hours on low. I always double the recipe.
Jan 24, 2014
Really hits the spot on a cold winter day. You can adapt this recipe and add your favorite toppings.
Jul 13, 2012
Love this soup. If you're serving more than 2 you really should double this recipe.
Jun 5, 2012
I've made this twice now and it is absolutely delicious. I'm not much of a "soup person" per se, but my husband and I can't get enough of this hearty, delicious, and filling soup.
Apr 27, 2012
I love this recipe. Because we do have some health issues, I use a turkey Italian sausage and turkey pepperoni. I usually double the recipe because it goes so fast!
Feb 25, 2010
Very good, my son loved it. Used hot Italian sausage and a little more pizza sauce.