Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage, cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the water, pizza sauce, pepperoni, tomatoes, sausage and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese. Garnish with mozzarella cheese.
Dec 18, 2014
Delicious soup. Made this a few times and I omit the pepperoni and I use 1 cup of sausage. We liked it much better that way. I also put it in the crock pot for 6-7 hours on low. I always double the recipe.
Jan 24, 2014
Really hits the spot on a cold winter day. You can adapt this recipe and add your favorite toppings.
Jul 13, 2012
Love this soup. If you're serving more than 2 you really should double this recipe.
Jun 5, 2012
I've made this twice now and it is absolutely delicious. I'm not much of a "soup person" per se, but my husband and I can't get enough of this hearty, delicious, and filling soup.
Apr 27, 2012
I love this recipe. Because we do have some health issues, I use a turkey Italian sausage and turkey pepperoni. I usually double the recipe because it goes so fast!
Feb 25, 2010
Very good, my son loved it. Used hot Italian sausage and a little more pizza sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.