This family favorite is done in no time at all. I like to serve it with a crusty bread or garlic bread, and I'll sometimes use bacon or salami instead of pepperoni (just like a pizza!).—Janet Beldman, London, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are almost tender; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, pepperoni and basil. Cook until heated through.
- Ladle into ovenproof bowls; top with cheese. Broil or microwave until cheese melts and is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 245 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Pizza Soup in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.