Italian Sausage Pizza Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 package (1 pound) Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red or yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 package (5 ounces) Caesar salad croutons
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Remove casings from sausage. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink. Add onion and peppers; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Add next five ingredients; pour in broth. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender, 6-8 hours. Serve with croutons and cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 828mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Jan 18, 2018
I liked it but my family thought it was a little bit tasteless. The next time I make this I am going to make changes.
Dec 31, 2017
Delicious. Didn't have diced tomatoes so I used stewed. Also added finely chopped pepperoni. Made my own Italian seasoning but followed everything else. Totally enjoyed it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.