Simple Italian Sausage Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10 servings (3 quarts)
- 5 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links (4 ounces each), sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 small zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces uncooked linguine, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, zucchini, green pepper, bouillon, basil, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in linguine. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until linguine is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 169 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 high-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Jan 4, 2015
this is fantastic! i do tweek it some and add more tomtoes than it calls for but it's a keeper!
Oct 12, 2011
This was a really great soup recipe and my husband even liked it, he hates everything!!
May 2, 2011
These flavors were great! I've made this recipe several times. I use hot turkey Italian sausage and cook it in the slow cooker. I add the linguine, (I've also used orzo or rice) right before serving. I find that soup flavors blend so nicely after slow cooking.
Feb 12, 2011
nice blend of spices, great on a cold day with garlic texas toast
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.