Pizza Soup with Garlic Toast Croutons
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes10 servings (about 4 quarts)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 package (11-1/4 ounces) frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine first nine ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours.
- For croutons, cut Texas toast into cubes; bake according to package directions. Add spinach to soup; heat through, stirring occasionally. Top servings with cheese and warm croutons.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Prepare croutons as directed. Top soup with cheese and croutons.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 292 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1081mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 13, 2017
I didn't care for this much. I was wishing I either was eating a slice of Pizza or having a nice bowl of soup. Not Pizza in my soup.
Apr 21, 2017
Easy and delicious!
Feb 26, 2017
Very flavorful and easy. We really loved the garlic toast croutons!