Tuscan Sausage and Potato Soup
This outstanding soup will be popular with the whole family. Though it feels special, it's actually quick to make. I like serving it with fresh hot rolls. —Lisa Sinicki, Erie, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.
Makes10 servings (3-3/4 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, broth, water, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-22 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the Swiss chard, cream, bacon and sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until chard is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 400 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1073mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as TUSCAN SOUP in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.