Tuscan Sausage & Bean Dip
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Assorted crackers or toasted French bread baguette slices
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in wine, oregano, salt and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in spinach, beans and tomatoes; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish; if using an ovenproof skillet, leave in skillet. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake until bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 200 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 5, 2018
My co-workers ask me to make this all the time. Everyone loves it. I do add another 8 ounces of cream cheese as we all like it a little creamier. This dip is the best!
Jan 29, 2018
First time I made the dip for a very picky foody family....they were raving about the dip!!!
Dec 7, 2017
I was worried making this because is seemed less creamy and overloaded with sausage. This was soooo good! Will definitely be making this again. I liked the zippy flavor from the sausage. The spinach was just the right amount.
Nov 5, 2017
Got this recipe from South your Mouth site. It was good very rich and filling.
May 27, 2017
Made this recipe many times. EXCELLENT dip!!! It's always a hit with friends and family!
Jan 19, 2017
An awesome dip you can use with crackers, tortilla chips or sliced vegetables. I always use just half the amount of spinach , though.
Aug 29, 2016
I am passionate about this recipe. It is a guaranteed crowd pleaser and I am so happy when I get to serve it. I am not a big hot sausage fan, but I must say it adds the right amount of pizzazz -- and the other ingredients prevent it overpowering the dish. The other great thing is that it doesn't require any skill. As long as you can chop and brown, you're going to have a wonderful hot dip.
Jun 19, 2016
I was so tired of serving the same old variations of a Mexican Dip, when I saw this recipe. We were serving an Italian dinner, and I thought this would compliment it. WOW, it was wonderful. I served it with Town House Pita crackers and it was a big hit. I have made it many times since that day, only I use half of the spinach called for in the recipe.
Mar 25, 2016
I have made this several times and it is a HUGE hit! People are always asking me for the recipe. Now I just take a copy with me whenever I take it somewhere.
Nov 23, 2015
One of my best appetizers! Make it at least 5 times a year. I use 3 different kinds of sausage. I like chicken sausage better so I use a spicy chicken and a sweet Apple chicken and just a bit of the spicy Italian sausage.