Tuscan Grapes and Sausages
This recipe is one of my go-tos when entertaining. It's simple, elegant and you can entertain your guests instead of spending the entire time in the kitchen. It is always a crowd pleaser and everyone always asks for the recipe. The whole pieces of garlic in this dish become so sweet, a lovely complement to the sweet grapes and spicy sausage. I serve this over rustic hand-mashed red potatoes. —Melissa Zienter, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 8 uncooked Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), hot or mild
- 2-1/2 pounds seedless green or red grapes, or a mixture
- 20 to 30 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup melted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place sausage links in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until no longer pink and some fat has been rendered, 20-25 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-in. slices.
- Meanwhile, remove grape stems; place grapes and garlic in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Add 6 tablespoons butter; toss to coat. Top with sausage slices. Bake until sausage is browned, 15-20 minutes, stirring once.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage mixture to a serving dish. Keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; add balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, 4-5 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in remaining butter; cook until slightly thickened. Drizzle over sausage and grapes.