Tuscan Grapes and Sausages
This recipe is one of my go-tos when entertaining. It's simple, elegant and you can entertain your guests instead of spending the entire time in the kitchen. It is always a crowd pleaser and everyone always asks for the recipe. The whole pieces of garlic in this dish become so sweet, a lovely complement to the sweet grapes and spicy sausage. I serve this over rustic hand-mashed red potatoes. —Melissa Zienter, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 8 uncooked Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), hot or mild
- 2-1/2 pounds seedless green or red grapes, or a mixture
- 20 to 30 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup melted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place sausage links in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until no longer pink and some fat has been rendered, 20-25 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-in. slices.
- Meanwhile, remove grape stems; place grapes and garlic in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Add 6 tablespoons butter; toss to coat. Top with sausage slices. Bake until sausage is browned, 15-20 minutes, stirring once.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage mixture to a serving dish. Keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; add balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, 4-5 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in remaining butter; cook until slightly thickened. Drizzle over sausage and grapes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 498 calories, 36g fat (15g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Tuscan Grapes and Sausages in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018