Hearty Italian Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links link, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper until sausage is browned; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, sugar, bouillon and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in macaroni. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 122 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 943mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 10, 2014
My husband is a picky eater, and he loved this. We had it for left overs a few days later and he wanted to know if there was more. I didn't have elbow macaroni, I used some funky type of small noodle and it was still great.
Nov 7, 2011
sorry pressed wrong key on cabbage soup , i thought it was great ,also tried this one great,dont find too many that i wouldnt make again
Mar 14, 2011
great flavors and takes very little time to make
Jan 31, 2011
I made this and it turned our very good. I added some diced carrots and celery as well as a little Italian seasoning. I will definitely make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.