Hearty Italian Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links link, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper until sausage is browned; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, sugar, bouillon and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in macaroni. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 122 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 943mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 10, 2014
My husband is a picky eater, and he loved this. We had it for left overs a few days later and he wanted to know if there was more. I didn't have elbow macaroni, I used some funky type of small noodle and it was still great.
Nov 7, 2011
sorry pressed wrong key on cabbage soup , i thought it was great ,also tried this one great,dont find too many that i wouldnt make again
Mar 14, 2011
great flavors and takes very little time to make
Jan 31, 2011
I made this and it turned our very good. I added some diced carrots and celery as well as a little Italian seasoning. I will definitely make this again.