Italian Chicken Rice Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine the broth, spaghetti sauce, chicken, parsley and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in rice and sugar. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 143 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 898mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 6, 2014
Good, quick easy meal! Will add this to my weeknight rotation. I used canned chicken breast to speed things up.
Sep 11, 2013
Oct 17, 2011
This is my daughter's favorite soup and one of my favorites. I use two cans of chicken (including broth) and I can throw this together in just minutes.
Oct 3, 2011
This has become one of my favorite soups to make during the cold winter months. It has so much flavor and is so easy!
Jan 21, 2009
One of my favorites. Just had it again last weekend. This is one of the first recipes I made when I first subscribed to Quick Cooking in 2003. I made it 3 years ago for our church lenten meals and now they ask for it every year. Thanks, Julie Kosnik, LaPorte, IN