- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven, cook the chicken, potatoes, red pepper and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until heated through.
1-1/2 cups: 475 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 11g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.