Italian Baked Chicken
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons oil on each side. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir in the broth, tomato puree, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Pour sauce into a small bowl and keep warm. Return chicken to the pan; top with mozzarella and tomato. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Arrange pasta on a large serving platter; top with chicken. Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 477 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 1124mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 46g protein.
Feb 18, 2020
could you use a bit more flavor, but overall a really good meal.
Sep 5, 2015
Very good. I did think it was a bit bland as written. It may have been partially my fault as I forgot to salt my pasta water. Will definitely make again but add a bit more seasoning.
Aug 15, 2015
Easy to make and so delicious. Will definitely make again.
Jul 6, 2015
easy, tasty and can be made almost any time with such basic ingredients.
Mar 3, 2014
We really liked this dish I only had diced tomatoes, so I cooked the sauce a little longer. It worked well. I will make it again for sure,
Jan 5, 2013
We love Italian chicken recipes and this one will get made again really soon. So tasty!No need to modify this recipe.
Dec 23, 2012
Really good. Definitely a keeper. Easy to make.
Dec 14, 2012
made as stated and it tasted fine made again and added extra garlic and red peppers for our own taste.
Dec 12, 2012
Really easy, really tasty, the chicking was great!
Dec 11, 2012
I made this just as is and it was great! My whole family really enjoyed it!