Italian Beef Stew
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 3/4 pound beef cube steak, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1/2 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, brown meat over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the water, tomato sauce, potato, carrot, onion, red pepper, soup mix, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Stir in peas; simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 360 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 44g protein.
Oct 27, 2016
Easy and flavorful. I am shocked there aren't more reviews on this one. Good for families.
Aug 24, 2011
This recipe is wonderful! My boyfriend, who normally doesn't like anything but chicken, absolutely loved it and insists that I make it again. It's very simple and budget-friendly as well.