- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (6 ounces) no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients; cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into stew. Cook, covered, 30 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
1 cup: 180 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.