Slow-Cooked White Chili
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel white corn, drained or 1-1/4 cups frozen shoepeg corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 180 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 10, 2016
Excellent recipe! I haven't used my slow cooker for quite awhile and this recipe was great. Nice and healthy, too. I did add some salt because it tasted like it was missing it.
Jan 6, 2013
I put this in my slow cooker today, I had the ingredients and it was easy to prepare.
Dec 13, 2012
I added a little chili powder and some black pepper to add a little extra flavor. We'll definitely add this to our list of keepers.
Feb 3, 2011
Very easy! My whole family like it!
Jan 29, 2010
Very good! I added a little bit of cayenne pepper to give it more of a kick.
Jan 31, 2009
Excellent!!!!! You don't need to change a thing!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.