Quick White Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 jar (48 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (one 10 ounces, one 5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Additional sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; remove from the heat. Add cheese and cilantro; stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with additional sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 310 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 788mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 9g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 7, 2013
will make again added cumin,onion,and jalapeno. next time will add some cayenne pepper to give it a little kick good over all
Jan 23, 2013
I found this recipe rather bland. I used a 7 oz can of green chilies, 3 T of cilantro and a teaspoon of cumin. Much better. Very fast and easy.
Sep 26, 2010
Had a friends white chili and didn't think I could find another recipe better than hers - boy was I wrong! Both my husband and kids loved this chili. Can't wait to make it my scrapbooking friends!
Jan 22, 2010
I was excited about this recipe because it was so simple to make, but my boyfriend and I really did not like it. It might have been the canned chicken that made it kind of gross.
Oct 14, 2008
I added one extra can of green chilies and a little dried onion. We all loved it!!!
Jul 6, 2008
This is now a family favorite! My girls love to prepare & eat it. Always try to stay stocked up on the ingredients!