White Bean and Chicken Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken; heat through. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 323 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1113mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 10g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 13, 2015
This is the best turkey chili recipe --perfect and simple.
Nov 4, 2014
I like how easy this recipe is, but I added white corn, diced celery, onion, and green peppers. I like lots of texture in my chili, so with those additions it was great. I also add a dollop of sour cream over each bowl.