White Bean and Chicken Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken; heat through. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 323 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1113mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 10g fiber), 34g protein.
Oct 13, 2015
This is the best turkey chili recipe --perfect and simple.
Nov 4, 2014
I like how easy this recipe is, but I added white corn, diced celery, onion, and green peppers. I like lots of texture in my chili, so with those additions it was great. I also add a dollop of sour cream over each bowl.