This recipe is handy when you want a fast, filling meal.—Betty-Jean Molyneux, Geneva, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes6 servings ( 2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Quick Chili in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.