Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes14 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook the sausage and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 292 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 974mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 17g protein.
Jan 8, 2016
We love this, freezes well too.
Sep 30, 2015
This was tasty and easy. My husband wasn't that big of a fan, but I loved it.
May 31, 2015
Apr 1, 2015
I wasn't sure about this recipe due to the Velveeta cheese and cream of mushroom soup but I made it anyway and guess what? I loved it!! It was great and my family liked it too. A bit on the hot side so if you want to tame it down, omit one can of the hot chili beans. Also, just a tip---Walmart brand makes a "cheese dip" in a jar that I used instead of the Velveeta because it was a lot cheaper. Enjoy!
Nov 24, 2014
I have made this Chili since 2006 for everything from cold winter dinners, camping with friends and family to our Christmas Eve open house. Everyone loves it always!!! My husband and I are now doing Weight Watchers and by calculating this recipe as it's writen it's only 7 points!!!! I'm gonna trim the points a bit by using low fat/salt items and turkey meat products.
Nov 3, 2012
I am SO GLAD I came across this recipe! My girlfriend gave me this recipe some time back, but, she wrote it down from memory and forgot to include the chili powder and cayenne pepper so I always thought it good but rather bland. Made it this way and it is truely super duper chili. Rated the best at our last church potluck!
Nov 9, 2011
this is my family and friends favorite chili recipe. YUMM
Jun 26, 2011
Excellent chili! I followed the recipe exactly and it came out great!
Jan 26, 2011
My children loved this recipe it was all gone in two days. I used more ground beef and one can of beans.
Sep 9, 2010
This has become a staple at our house :) Every time we fix it, we like it even more. Yummy! :)