Sausage-Vegetable Egg Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups thinly sliced Swiss chard
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 9 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or shredded fontina cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, spreading evenly. Remove drippings from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add Swiss chard, wine and garlic; cook and stir until chard is tender and liquid is almost evaporated, 1-2 minutes longer. Add to baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended; pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 10-15 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 248 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 253mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 26, 2018
Where's the vegetables?
Apr 11, 2016
This was excellent. I used smoked ham instead of sausage meat. The Swiss chard was sweet yet peppery. I would make this again. Janet. VFE