Pepperoni and Sausage Deep-Dish Pizza Quiche
I have to say, even though I love to cook and bake, quiche is a dish I don't make often. One day I was inspired to make quiche that would be delicious for both breakfast and dinner—pizza is always the answer. —Donna Chesney, Naples, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- Fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella and cheddar cheese in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream cheese, milk, Parmesan, garlic powder and Italian seasoning; pour into dish. Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Spread pizza sauce over egg mixture; top with sausage, pepperoni and remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 10-15 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Top with fresh basil if desired.